Activities & Announcements
Freshman: please remember to have your field trip permission forms signed and returned to Mr. Griggs ASAP. The field trip is tomorrow.
Volleyball T-Shirts are available in the office. Please stop by and pick yours up.
There will be a student council meeting at the beginning of lunch today in library.
We will have a financial aid night hosted in the library on October 18th at 5:30 for students and parents to answer questions and offer information and assistance.
The Senior parents are running a t-shirt design contest for the class of 2018. We are looking for a design for the front and back of a t-shirt with the winning design being awarded a $25.00 sugar shack gift card. See Mr. Olson for details.
The Elementary School needs High School volunteers for the Fall Family Event on October 12th from 5-7 pm. You can sign up for the whole two hours or just a portion. Please come by the office to sign up.
Today’s lunch will be corn dogs.
Juniors & Sophomores:
- Remember tomorrow we will be Testing for the PSATs in the morning from 8:00 – Lunch.
- Please bring a calculator if you want one for the test, they will be checked to make sure they are the type that can be used on the test.
- Juniors will have first preference of the ones the School has. Please check them out with Mr. Fairchild or Mrs. Wright.
- Please do not bring anything other than calculators to the testing rooms. #2 pencils will be provided.
- Be sure to get a good night sleep and a healthy breakfast either at home or before school here in the commons.
- Seniors ASVABS will be given in the gym at the same time. Pencils will be provided for the testing also.
- Cell phones are prohibited during the total time of testing.
- You will be testing during the morning only.
- Freshmen will be leaving for a field trip during the morning – Please be prompt to school.
Here are this week’s students of the week:
- Freshman: Taylor Swafford
- Sophomore: Lily Duckett
- Junior: Alexis Verkist
- Senior: Travis Hendley
And for athlete of the week we have:
- Freshman: Jesse Manning
- Sophomore: Emma Olson
- Junior: Bryce Thul
- Senior: Alyssa Finifrock
This Week’s Activities:
Tonight: Varsity, JV & C-Team volleyball will be playing Stanfield at home starting at 4:00. We will also be honoring the seniors before the varsity game.
Thursday: Varsity, JV & C-Team Volleyball play Heppner in their gym starting at 4:00. Departure is at 1:30. Cross Country has a meet in Helix starting at 4:30. The bus will leave at 3:00.
Friday: Cross Country has a meet at the Milton-Freewater Golf Course. Time and departure are to be determined.
Free/Reduced Lunch Applications
Last years’ free and reduced applications expired this morning. If you did not reapply and receive notification that you were approved, you are now considered paid in status and you will be charged $ 1.75 for breakfast and $ 3.00 for each lunch you take. You can pick up a new free and reduced application at the school office. You can also return the completed application to the high school office.