Today’s lunch will be chicken tenders.
Activities & Announcements
There will be no school tomorrow, April 13th.
Parent-Teacher conferences will be held tonight, April 12th from 4pm-8pm and Friday, April 13th from 7:30am-11:30am.
Friday, April 20th from 8 am-1 pm, the Port of Morrow is conducting a Manufacturing Day. This field trip includes hands on demonstrations on new industrial systems technology and data center technicians’ programs. Two tours are included. A tour of Lamb Weston and Portland General Co-Generation Plant. Fill out a field trip permission slip at the office.
The third-annual Athena Mainstreet Association is putting on a City-Wide Cleanup Day on Saturday, May 5th at 9 am.
There will be a Garden Club Dinner Fundraiser at the Athena Legion Hall on April 16th from 5-7 pm. Dinner will be Chicken Fettuccine Bake, bread, salad, a drink and desert. Adults are $7.50, kids $5.00 or a family of 4 is $20. All proceeds go to fill the flower boxes on Main Street.
The CTUIR Education Department is offering summer youth employment opportunities. There is a folder on the front office counter with available positions and applications.
“Prom: A Night To Sparkle” will be held at the Vert Club Room in Pendleton on Saturday, April 14th. The dance will be from 8-11 pm.
- Tickets are on sale before school, after school and during lunch. Ticket prices: Singles $10, couples $18.
- There are prom photo order forms on the front office counter.
- If you need a guest form, they are available at the office and must be turned back in by Thursday.
- Doors will be open from 8 pm-9 pm. No admittance will be granted after 9 o’clock.
- Just a reminder, if you are ineligible on the SOS list you are not eligible to attend the Prom.
Ag & FFA Students:
- Please make sure you are registered for the Milton Junior Show.
- If you would like to attend Shop Skills on April 19th at BMCC, please see Ms. Flo.
- We will be releasing the salmon that we raised all morning on April 17th. Please sign up with Ms. Flo if you would like to attend.
Slideshow and composite pictures are due no later than May 1st. Please bring them in an envelope labelled with your name to Mrs. Harshman.
Please start thinking about who you will be walking with at graduation and let Mrs. Harshman know.
Keep your list of awarded scholarships updated with Mrs. Baumann so that they can be announced at Graduation.
Today Varsity tennis team will host a match against Umatilla High School starting at 3:00.
Tomorrow we will have a Varsity track meet, a Varsity softball double-header and a Varsity tennis match.
- The track team will travel to Umatilla High School at 7:45 for a meet at 10:00.
- The softball team will travel to Grant Union at 6:30 for a double-header at 12:00.
- The tennis team will travel to Riverside High School at 2:15 for a match at 3:00.
Saturday the baseball team will travel to Heppner at 8:00 for a double-header at 11:00.
If you’re a senior and you haven’t turned in your countdown number, you’ll be in the milestone class next week during Friday block schedule. (not really, but please turn them in :) )