Weston-McEwen High School 2012 Hall of Fame Inductees
The induction ceremony will be held on Friday, February 10, 2012. The program will be held in between the girls and boys varsity basketball games.
1992 Weston-McEwen Girls Basketball Team
- Won League, District, and Placed 2nd at State Tournament 25 – 2 Record
Colby Cummings Knifong
- Graduate 1992. OSAA Scholar Athlete in three sports
- Earned 11 varsity letters in cross country, basketball, and track.
- Blue Mountain Sports Award – Female Athlete of the Year 1992
- 1992 Basketball First Team All-State
- Track and Field All-Sate world Tour Team – Competed in Russia and Sweden.
Louie Henry Dick, Jr.
- Graduated in 1954 from McEwen High School.
- Played and Lettered in three sports at McEwen High School.
- Louie spent his working career at the USDA Forest Service 1959-1985.
- Pendleton Round-Up and Happy Canyon hall of Fame Board of Directors.
- Louie was a member of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
Charles “Chuck” McCullough
- Graduated in 1953 from Weston High School
- Member Oregon Football Shrine Team 1953
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Served on the Athena-Weston School Board for 13 years.
- Served as Weston School Board Chair during the Merger with Athena School District.
- Past Chieftain of the Caledonia Days
- Many years of volunteer work for Pioneer Picnic and several community foundations.
- Graduated in 1924 from Athena High School
- Participated in both football and basketball.
- Captain of the 1923 basketball team that played in the state tournament.
- Played football at the University of Oregon 1924-1928.
- Served on the Athena School Board.
- Taught Math and Science at McEwen High School and Weston-McEwen High school from March 1962 – June 1994. 32 Years
- Served on Committee to develop Mathematics Common Curriculum Goals for the Stat of Oregon.
- Taught computer classes to McEwen and Weston-McEwen students early in the development of computers in public schools.
- Worked at Athena Caledonian Games for 25 years.
- 1999 Athena Citizen of the Year and Caledonian Chieftain of the Day.
- Has served on the City of Athena Planning Commission and Budget Committee and the East Umatilla County Health District Budget Committees.